1. Dr. S K Aggarwal is an Alumni of IETE being Grad.IETE-1978 pass out from IETE Delhi and an MBA in Finance and Marketing and also a Ph.D in Strategic Management. Presently, working as Principal and Professor at KIIT college of engineering, Gurgaon, has been previousely working as a Director/Scientist ‘F’ with the Government of India, Department of Electronics and Information Technology and handling national level e-infrastructure development programs, policies and projects.
2. He carries with him 43 years of rich and wide ranging Technical and Managerial experience in Government, Industry, Academia and R&D. As a Scientist ‘F’ in DIT, Ministry of communications and IT , Government of India, he has been formulating, evaluating, processing and implementing policies, programs, and projects valuing at several thousands of Crores of rupees in conjunction with organisation of repute such as C-DAC, ERNET India, NELIT, C-DOT, IITs, CEERI, Pilani, NPL, STPI, NIC, etc.
He supported various R&D and academic institutions with Grant in Aid from DIT for different types of e- infrastructure projects. Besides the management of several projects, Dr. Aggarwal has prepared a number of national level policies and acts namely the Telecom policy 1994/1999/2004/2011, Broadband policy 2004/2010, information Technology Act 2000, ITIR 2008, UEA 2012 etc. The latest ones are:
3. His previous assignments included
i) 5 years at Oil India Limited (OIL), Assam as Telecommunications, Telemetry and SCADA and remote process control instrumentation engineering
ii) 10 years as Officer on special duty to VVIPs electronics security and Technical Maintenance officer in IB, MHA
iii) 1 year with Indian Telephone industries as Inspector Telecommunications equipmentTesting
4. Amongst many responsibilities in the Government of India, his active participation includes:
- Role of Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) to deal with citizen government interface and RTI applications
- Dr. Aggarwal is also closely associated with a few Professional bodies such as CSI, IETE, IEEE, AIMA, BES(I), IE(INDIA)
- Strength areas include Academics, Administration, Management, Technology and Projects management.